Search the forum,

Discuss Forgive my lack of experience but... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just mended an F&E tank overflow leak for a lovely lady and the reason she needed it doing was because as soon as she switched the heating on, the tank in the loft started filling up from the expansion pipe. Could this just be because the boiler is set at too high a temperature or something else. I'm concerned about the possibility of the water in the tank getting very hot and the potential for it to then fall on someone below.
Many thanks all - great forum!

Hi,

They are several reasons why this may happen. The most common is poor circulation caused by a blockage somewhere. You also want to check that is has been piped in correctly and you can also check what speed the pump is on. If it's set at 3, put it on 2 and see if that makes a difference.

If there is an air seperator below in the cylinder cupboard, check that as they often get blocked.

good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Forgive my lack of experience but... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and E tank. The ball valve has been checked and is working ok. The vent pipe from the hot water cylinder is not venting any water into the tank, and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached one of the photos when I found out the cistern overflowing above the overflow pipe) and one other pipe that has a small drops coming out of it that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock