Search the forum,

Discuss Foodie favorite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
A little divert from all this plumbing malarkey what your go to plate of food for a treat . Kop

Try Morrison's sweet barbecue baby back ribs , roasted veg and hasselback new potatoes tonight's tea missus did well bless her washed down with couple of ice cold Budweiser :p:p

Full English breakfast.

Had my first on a family holiday about fifty years ago and it was the best thing I'd ever tasted. Still is, but these days the wife only allows me to have them about twice a year. :(

Local sourced Sirloin steak, medium rare, chips and all the trimmings .. with a glass of red

Well done for me or a good piece of salty gammon

If it’s gammon, it must have an egg on top .. none of this pineapple!

Spot on but not too runny needs to have a good firm eye

No a Yorkshire man, no poncy southern larger or fancy European beers for me.

Yea, but JS? It struggles to rate as beer of any sort. Mind you, around here everyone sell Doombar - probably the most boring beer ever. We went to Cornwall a couple of years ago, and was looking forward to trying it there, as it possibly doesn't travel well. But, no, it was still pointless.

As far as food goes, I never go into McDonalds, except for ice cream a couple of years ago, when my Nat Grid stand by point was by one. I love Italian, and put up with Indian (Jalfrezi) as my Mrs. likes it.

Regardless of the genre, I try hard not to support chains,and go fr independents wherever possible.

I have had precisely 3 Subways, and there is little likelihood of having a Fourth.

I go to an any cafe in an effort to avoid Costfa and Starbucks. Their coffee is pish. Funnily enough, I was at Ikea (2nd time in about 25 years) at the weekend, and we had to have a coffee as my G'dtr needed feeding. The coffee was excellent, TBF, to my surprise. It comes out of a dispenser fresh ground type thing. her Tuna pasta actually looked quite nice.

Love a good steak, MR, with well cooked chips.Most steak night deals though are disappointing in one respect or another, but my local pub deal is fantastic.

We go to a restaurant (not as often as we should as you always have to book way in advance, and we tend to decide to go out TONIGHT), where everything is cooked fresh on the premises - the owner is the chef, and is a "fixed price of about ÂŁ25 for 3 courses - Amazing Value, although, TBH, by the time you add on the supplements, it is around ÂŁ30, but still great.

Went to Marco Pierres Hotel a few months ago. Extraordinarily disappointing food, our local does better. It was on a deal to be fair. The cheapest bottle of red is ÂŁ37, I would recommend swerving it.

Few years back, we went to Marakesh. Brilliant holiday, but alcohol ridiculously expensive, although we went to an all inclusive hotel outside of the city. Which had self service beer pumps around the pool, although I don't drink much during the day, free or not. We also eat out a lot, even if on an all inclusive deal. Whilst there we ate in La Mamounia. Stupidly expensive, probably among the dearest in Morroco, btuwas a bit special. On our first visit we got refused entry as I was not dressed well enough! (It was during the day on holiday ;) ) It was Churchills favourite hotel.

I would hate anyone to think I was fussy ;) , and to prove it, we also ate in the square Jemmaa El Fna. It turns into an outdoor food venue, dozens of stalls with tables. Fantastic atmosphere. Those two venues were like chalk and cheese.

In short, I like good, fresh, food, and despise the likes of Hungry Horse. Why anyone would eat more than twice in there is beyond me. Weatherspoons do do good beer, but the grub offering is of varying quality, and WS never spend money on refurbishing the premises. They tend to be amazing buildings, done up well when taken over, but allowed to crumble and become, often, a bit smelly.

Yea, but JS? It struggles to rate as beer of any sort. Mind you, around here everyone sell Doombar - probably the most boring beer ever. We went to Cornwall a couple of years ago, and was looking forward to trying it there, as it possibly doesn't travel well. But, no, it was still pointless.

As far as food goes, I never go into McDonalds, except for ice cream a couple of years ago, when my Nat Grid stand by point was by one. I love Italian, and put up with Indian (Jalfrezi) as my Mrs. likes it.

Regardless of the genre, I try hard not to support chains,and go fr independents wherever possible.

I have had precisely 3 Subways, and there is little likelihood of having a Fourth.

I go to an any cafe in an effort to avoid Costfa and Starbucks. Their coffee is pish. Funnily enough, I was at Ikea (2nd time in about 25 years) at the weekend, and we had to have a coffee as my G'dtr needed feeding. The coffee was excellent, TBF, to my surprise. It comes out of a dispenser fresh ground type thing. her Tuna pasta actually looked quite nice.

Love a good steak, MR, with well cooked chips.Most steak night deals though are disappointing in one respect or another, but my local pub deal is fantastic.

We go to a restaurant (not as often as we should as you always have to book way in advance, and we tend to decide to go out TONIGHT), where everything is cooked fresh on the premises - the owner is the chef, and is a "fixed price of about ÂŁ25 for 3 courses - Amazing Value, although, TBH, by the time you add on the supplements, it is around ÂŁ30, but still great.

Went to Marco Pierres Hotel a few months ago. Extraordinarily disappointing food, our local does better. It was on a deal to be fair. The cheapest bottle of red is ÂŁ37, I would recommend swerving it.

Few years back, we went to Marakesh. Brilliant holiday, but alcohol ridiculously expensive, although we went to an all inclusive hotel outside of the city. Which had self service beer pumps around the pool, although I don't drink much during the day, free or not. We also eat out a lot, even if on an all inclusive deal. Whilst there we ate in La Mamounia. Stupidly expensive, probably among the dearest in Morroco, btuwas a bit special. On our first visit we got refused entry as I was not dressed well enough! (It was during the day on holiday ;) ) It was Churchills favourite hotel.

I would hate anyone to think I was fussy ;) , and to prove it, we also ate in the square Jemmaa El Fna. It turns into an outdoor food venue, dozens of stalls with tables. Fantastic atmosphere. Those two venues were like chalk and cheese.

In short, I like good, fresh, food, and despise the likes of Hungry Horse. Why anyone would eat more than twice in there is beyond me. Weatherspoons do do good beer, but the grub offering is of varying quality, and WS never spend money on refurbishing the premises. They tend to be amazing buildings, done up well when taken over, but allowed to crumble and become, often, a bit smelly.
Blimey Fire you covered alot above mate :D

Full English breakfast.

Had my first on a family holiday about fifty years ago and it was the best thing I'd ever tasted. Still is, but these days the wife only allows me to have them about twice a year. :(

Have you considered getting a new wife 🤣🤣🤣 that’s got to be against some sort of law 🤣🤣
[automerge]1569279940[/automerge]
There is a tiny Indian in Sheffield called Ashoka, it’s a 2.5hr round trip for me and obviously can’t drink but it’s so good I’ll happily do it because the food is fantastic.

Worlds apparat from the anything I’ve had in the UK. It’s fresh, light and the spicy stuff is spicy (or full of flavour) and not just crazily hot.

It’s hard to beat a really good cooked breakfast, good quality stuff sourced locally and cooked fresh.

If we have a night out/away my go to the next morning is always Weatherspoons. They do a not bad breakfast for about ÂŁ5 that cures all but he most industrial of hangovers.

Few things I can’t stand are fussy places where the staff won’t leave you alone. Or places doing poncy things with disease that don’t need to be messed with. If I order an apple crumble I don’t want some flapjack like slab with a birds nest of spun sugar drizzled with a wild berry jus. It should be like something your nan made.

Last edited:

Reply to Foodie favorite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock