Search the forum,

Discuss Foghorn/Splutering from cistern! Video attached in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Had a toilet installed recently which is now making the attached sound. (No chance of him coming back to sort it...)

Anyone know what's causing it? Issue coming from whatever that piece is on the right hand side (please let me know).

Cheers

New inlet valve required

New inlet valve required
Thanks Shaun.

Any recommendations? I seen someone mention a Fluidmaster side-entry brass shank valve as being better (20e from Screwfix).

Additionally.. easy enough to change out? I'm okayish (last plumbing endeavour was taking apart an upstairs toilet to change the o-ring due to not filling quickly - took me a while to figure out what the issue was!).

Yes perfect or a viva side / 4 in 1

Just turn / isolate the water first

tbh cheap or defective

Reply to Foghorn/Splutering from cistern! Video attached in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
Hello, purchased a house in February this year and for a few weeks, noticed a loud banging noise which sounds like it is coming from under my sink, but happens when no water is running. I think it could be when my neighbour is either running water or maybe using a washing machine. House is an...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has worked perfectly up until this week. When the boiler does start, it runs for a few seconds, makes some noises, and then shuts down again. I've...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock