Search the forum,

Discuss Foghorn noise that vibrates after flushing toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kee

Can anyone help please. The noise comes after you flush the toilet and can go on for a good minute or so. And it's so loud like a fog horn, one long loud sound - and you can hear it all over the house. People talk about water hammer (which it doesn't appear to), and making sure the pipes aren't touching or vibrating - but we've done all this and the noise is still horrendous. Can someone please suggest something? Huge thanks.

Yup, its time for a new float valve assembly, its the washer hardened off in the old one thats is causing the vibration noises, I just instal a new assembl as they are cheap enough, be sure to get a high pressure rated one if connected directly to mains pressure incoming water (denoted usually by red or blue colour), not so important if fed by low pressure header tank in the loft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Foghorn noise that vibrates after flushing toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all, seeking advice on my toilet. (Layman here, please be gentle with me.) When we flush the loo upstairs, it flushes fine (therefore assuming no suggestion of any actual blockage) but after the flush we get a rumbly gurgling from deep within the pipework somewhere and the water level in the...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock