Search the forum,

Discuss Flush water not discharging all the way round rim of bowl... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my Twyfords flushes OK but the water doesn't circulate round the rim, it just flushes out 2 or 3 inches either side of outlet. There's a 'widget' thingy tucked up inside the rim at the outlet point and I assume this is suppose to direct the water horizontally beneath the rim but it's loose. Anyone got a diagram of how this 'widget' thingy should be seated. Many thanks.

Or is the widget thing a part of the flush mechanism that has fallen down the flush hole? Had that happen to me once and never did find where it ended up - in your toilet, perhaps?

Is it a low level pan with a flushpipe between the cistern and toilet pan?? Could be that the outlet in back of pan is partially blocked?

Thanks for your replies. It's a low-level with flush pipe between cistern and pan. I think its a deflector widget thingy and I've sussed how it works now - have managed to get fingers up under the rim and turned it up the other way. It can't have dropped through from cistern because I couldn't push it back, but the water now gushes right round the bowl with no problem. Many thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flush water not discharging all the way round rim of bowl... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock