Search the forum,

Discuss Flush system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Ndu

Hi, newbie here seeking advice. Gas connected two years ago, Worcester green star 32 cdi condensing boiler fitted operating underfloor heating, two towel heaters, two rads, new pipe work, mix of copper/plastic. System drained recently (additional rad) water drained off seemed clear.
Advice I'm asking for: boiler is noisy, no banging or kettling, just groaning which gradually quietens.
Not confident boiler was treated with inhibitor on installation, got F1 to treat, should I flush with F3 before treatment or is it not necessary?
Any professional advice appreciated!

Hi, newbie here seeking advice. Gas connected two years ago, Worcester green star 32 cdi condensing boiler fitted operating underfloor heating, two towel heaters, two rads, new pipe work, mix of copper/plastic. System drained recently (additional rad) water drained off seemed clear.
Advice I'm asking for: boiler is noisy, no banging or kettling, just groaning which gradually quietens.
Not confident boiler was treated with inhibitor on installation, got F1 to treat, should I flush with F3 before treatment or is it not necessary?
Any professional advice appreciated!

No. If water is clean there's no point in F3.
Is it not under warranty ?, the boiler.

Thanks for reply. Have tried relentlessly to contact local installer (not a company) seems he's only interested in new work as he ignores all contact. Not sure where to go, should I go straight to Worcester?

Do you know the water content of the system? if most of it is U/F you are likely to need a lot more than one bottle.

"groaning which gradually quietens" that sounds more like expansion of heat exchanger.

Have you had the boiler serviced yet?

Last edited:
Go direct and make sure you tell them that the installer has ignored you.

Do you know the water content of the system? if most of it is U/F you are likely to need a lot more than one bottle.

"groaning which gradually quietens" that sounds more like expansion of heat exchanger.

Have you had the boiler serviced yet?

No and no, U/F 25ft x 15ft floor space

It wasn't no, bled a small amount out after refill, no cold points, all works ok just bugged about the noise and concerned boiler will damage itself?

If you drained the system you would expect to have air trapped in every radiator

Thanks for reply. Have tried relentlessly to contact local installer (not a company) seems he's only interested in new work as he ignores all contact. Not sure where to go, should I go straight to Worcester?

Yes. Mention installer not responding.

Thank you for all your comments, I'll try him one last time Monday then get onto Worcester hoping they might check it out if not installed properly. If no joy I'll book it in for a service, could you advise how much a service might cost, who best to go to (Isle of Wight) and should I go ahead and use inhibitor anyway?

Also, if after draining, only a second or two or air bled from each rad, what might that mean please?

Don't know if it's worth mentioning but as the UFs just kicked in have noticed boiler is quiet, only noisy when taps or rads demand heat...

Hi, I had a system boiler some years ago that would groan, and at times quite loudly, it transpires that even when draining down the system the water was quite clean, however following a power flush, it managed to dislodge some debris in the system, and it worked perfectly well afterwards.

Hi Scott, plumber fitted extra towel heater, however, I moved it across the wall slightly and sunk pipes into wall. What are you thinking? Ps this was recent, not indicative of boiler noise which has gone on for some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flush system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock