Search the forum,

Discuss Flush pipe connector not fully in. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The flush pipe connector will not fully insert.

The first 2 flanges are completely in, the third partially.

There is not much room between the pipe and the input. When I remove the pipe to check, the connector has not slipped up the pipe. I marked the pipe to ensure it has gone in as far as it can.

No leak on testing but I'm not happy with it sticking out. What do you think?
15614822885986693327268057221821.jpg

20190625_175135.jpg

20190625_175227.jpg

does it actually fit in all the way / can it eg enough depth

Try some washing up liquid/silicone spray on the inlet not much

Some designer pans esp. italian stuff never seem to fit together properly and this looks typical of this they often do not flush the stuff away effectively either
Centralheatking

I would use silly cone as its waterproof when cured, fairy liquid might just wash away and leak if you have a wickle weep. Thats my opinion after
40 years and many bogs of all sorts fitted
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

On a 22mm plinth with a mac connector.

Works a treat
You said it was all lined up earlier and looked ok in the photo so why the plinth and a different pan connecter?

Silicone on a flush cone - I hate that, what's wrong with plumbers mait.

You said it was all lined up earlier and looked ok in the photo so why the plinth and a different pan connecter?

Silicone on a flush cone - I hate that, what's wrong with plumbers mait.
Good point, That was supposed to go on another thread.
The soil pipe did not line up, the flush pipe did.

The flush pipe went in with just a little washing up liquid, I have built a brace behind the 90 degree bend that prevents it moving and keeps it inserted. Two of the flanges are completely in, the third is almost completely in, you can just feel the edge of it at the rim, the fourth is flush with the surface.

Reply to Flush pipe connector not fully in. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock