Search the forum,

Discuss Flush pipe alternative in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Australia
R

Rachel101

Just changed our cistern and found somone previously had used a random pipe for the flush pipe. Now they had managed to make it work in the old cistern but it leaks with the new one as the curve of it means the pipe sits at an angle...now to make life easier and not have to work out how to measure the correct size to cut a new flush pipe, could anyone tell me if one of these would work as i can extend it to the needed length

I would have thought a new cistern would have come with its own. I personally wouldn’t use a flexible connection, Is this any good?

The item in the link is not suitable. What make is the new cistern oe even better, do you have a link to it.

I would have thought a new cistern would have come with its own. I personally wouldn’t use a flexible connection, Is this any good?
That was my next option but I wasn't sure how to work out what size to cut the piping as it's too long

A couple of ways to do it, but this should be best:

using a tape measure: measure the wall to center of the the flush hole on cistern and also to the back of the inlet of pan. Then measure from the center of the flush pipe to the required measurement of pan inlet and cut this from the pipe, should fit like a glove then.

Put the flush pipe in the cistern then use a tape measure to measure from the pipe to the pan mark this measurement on the flush pipe then add your flush washer/ cone and cut at this measurement

Stick the flush pipe in the pan with the washer make sure it’s either level to fall to the pan and measure from the flush pipe to the bottom of the threads on the cistern then stick the flush pipe in the cistern and mark the depth then add this to the first line and cut

You should be spot on now to install

Those cisterns do have the flush pipe included.
Are you hanging the cistern too high or is the pan too far off the wall.

Was the existing cistern a mid level cistern?

You can get extended flush pipes that may help you.

Those cisterns do have the flush pipe included.
Are you hanging the cistern too high or is the pan too far off the wall.

Was the existing cistern a mid level cistern?

You can get extended flush pipes that may help you.

No these don't include it, if you look at the link higher up it says sold separately :(

That product is not really used for connecting cistern flushpipes.
They are used by some to connect wastes to sewer connections.

Reply to Flush pipe alternative in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock