Search the forum,

Discuss .....flush cone...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
anyone seen a mechanical flush pipe cone / washer i can remember seeing one somewhere but i cant think where

Other end

Like this ish with a stainless plate and 3 screws when tightened expanded the rubber

73C22BD1-6676-4DAE-84E5-4003B264772F.jpeg

Have used the ones above but never a mechanical one.

Yea had a toilet today that was like 10mm bigger od of the flush cone so had to use the existing and some mastic

Ah, I remember they advertised it by picking the pan up by the flush pipe.

Sorry Shaun I can’t remember what it’s called either!

Bugging me now!

Three Allen bolts and it expanded like a drain bung.....

Bugging me now!

Three Allen bolts and it expanded like a drain bung...

That’s the fecker

I’ll ask at merchants tomorrow, don’t think they sold any so they disappeared.

Expensive, and solving an almost non existent problem - as a lot of these things do... - bit like that fluxinator thing.....

Expensive, and solving an almost non existent problem - as a lot of these things do... - bit like that fluxinator thing...

Ta even a name would be good

Bugging me now!

Three Allen bolts and it expanded like a drain bung...
Chris Jepp invented it and there is a utube video, I think he trades from Bexleyheath from a plumbing and heating outfit there. Rob Foster aka centralheatking if you do contact him give Chris my regards from API 2006

Expensive, and solving an almost non existent problem - as a lot of these things do... - bit like that fluxinator thing...
That is a recurring problem anybody can patent something that does not work or produce something that nobody wants in sufficient volumes to make it viable...Rob Foster aka centralheatking

I’m not saying it doesn’t work, I have no idea but I’m sure it does having held one in my hand.
I’m just saying imho it is unnecessary in as much as a flush cone for less than a quid has always worked for me (and nearly everyone else) - the occasional addition of silicone needed on a poorly formed pan but that’s not a real problem.
So why pay eight times that for the same functionality?

Because I’ve found a pan with a 10mm bigger dia than a normal flush cone

You can put a normal one in a wiggle it around

Our merchants have three sizes of “normal” flush cone. I always found one to fit, I’m guessing it’s not a new installation as pan would come with correct one (usually)

If the jepp one will expand that far - this is definitely a time to use it, I’m not against innovation - far from it.
I would say that is £8 well spent for a secure connection.

Our merchants have three sizes of “normal” flush cone. I always found one to fit, I’m guessing it’s not a new installation as pan would come with correct one (usually)

Correct changing a concealed cistern as the old one was a siamp one

Can you reuse the flushpipe and cone from the old one?

That’s what I’ve done with some mastic didn’t leak / move but it’s showing it’s age the old rubber one so prepping for a return :D

Reply to .....flush cone...... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock