Search the forum,

Discuss Fluke T5 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Beckett

Gas Engineer
Hi.

I'm looking at changing my electrical testing equipment. At the moment I use a cheap multi meter from maplin's that ive had for years, although this isn't really up to the job and is quite bulky.

I primarily use it for testing boilers and heat pumps so need to be able to measure quite a wide range of resistance and amps etc for thermisters, temp sensors, coils and such like.

Has anybody used/owned one of these Fluke T5's if so are they up to the job and able to measure the range of resistance and 'ampage' that say a 115 could?

Thanks
Alex.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply.
Do you use the T5 for boiler diagnostics? It has the range for measuring the very low amount of resistance/micro amps etc that some boilers require?

Many thanks?
Alex.

i use the fluke and also have a multimeter but i hardly ever use the multimeter

I use the 116.

It does all I want apart from heavier amp stuff but I've got other gear for that.

The 116 is aimed at HVAC folk and well worth the money !

I use the 116.

It does all I want apart from heavier amp stuff but I've got other gear for that.

The 116 is aimed at HVAC folk and well worth the money !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fluke T5 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock