Search the forum,

Discuss Flues & balconies.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarky101

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Gotta price a job up in a first floor flat, at the mo it's just storeage heaters but the guy wants a combi....the only wall in the kitchen that the boiler can be mounted has a balcony above....now I've seen this before where the flue is extended past the balcony but it was a top floor flat and was thinking about the people above.... The guy reckons they don't use the balcony upstairs but he's only been there a week and it is january.....anyone come across this before & how would you get over this...
ps...the balcony runs the length of the flat...

There are guidelines in the MI'S

Copied and pasted this for an ideal logic.

n
Directly below an opening,
air brick, windows, etc. 300 mm
Below plastic / painted gutters 300 mm
Painted surface 300 mm
Below eaves or balcony 500 mm
Below velux windows 2000mm
Above or side of velux windows 600mm

hope this helps.

you also need to look at TB016 log onto gas safes site to find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flues & balconies.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock