Search the forum,

Discuss flueless gas fire installation advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone,

I have customer who would like a flueless gas fire installed in a conservatory, but i have no where do put in a permanent vent all walls are internal except one which has big doors & supporting pillars which i cant drill though.

But the extension has glass roof with permanent trickle vent around whole roof & 2 large cow type vents for ventilation, this should provide more than 100cm2 required but just wanted to check with more experienced engineers if these type of vents would be deemed suitable.

Many thanks for the help

TBH I wouldn’t do the job hate the things and I feel there’s too much to go wrong

I fitted one in my own lounge once but its long gone now hated it needed 100cm 2 of free air so the room was draughty and I didn't like the way it worked I would also swerve this one . Kop

Hi generally speaking most flueless gas fires fitted in a conservatory are bad new the water vapor from them sitting on the dew points on the windows will pee your customer off. Depending on what brand flueless gas fire this is some MIs deem if in a conservatory it should be fitted alongside supplementary heating to be compliant to combat this problem: I.E: electric panel heater, central heating rad.....

For the venting you would have to consult MI's the vent also has to be more than a meter away in most brand's circumstances to avoid the sensitive ODS fitted to the pilots actually working properly too.

Your going to have to call the Manufacture on this one, if its focal point don't bother either trying to call them its a waste of time. Burley on the other hand are generally very helpfull on the phone.

I was amazed that these things were legal years ago when I was GSR etc. all we did was rip the things out and after all these years I find these dreadfull things are still legal !
and being contemplated for installation in 2019. nonsense ..centralheatking

I prefer a Smith's or myson fan convector to move the warmed air around remote controled and you can just use the fan in the summer for cooling they have vastly improved the look of them now come in a variety of colours and operate on renewable temperatures as well . Kop

Thanks for all your feedback never knew they were so unpopular getting quite a few requests for them recently. why do you guys not like them so much?? are the catalytic converters not reliable & sensory safety device??

I called focal point and they were happy with the ventilation as long as it is permanently open and over 100cm2, Just for anyone else's info

As with all flueless gas heaters, manufacturers are happy as long as the ventilation is permanently open.
They don't give a Rubbish once the product is sold. They are covered by their MI's.
If something mild or tragic happens, they will investigate and say the installation is not as per their Gas Approved MI's

The next inline will be the installer - and all the blame and consequence will be put on you.

Have a look at Rinnai space heaters.
Power flue room sealed heaters. 80mm co-axial flue - no concerns about ventilation being blocked off.
We've installed quite a few without problems

Reply to flueless gas fire installation advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock