Search the forum,

Discuss Flue through chimney in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone tell me if fitting a new boiler flue through a chimney is OK or not. There is already a flue going through it but just need clarification. See attached. There is also a new roof been fitted over door which makes flue to close to returning wall / panelling. See attached too. Any suggestions what can be done

Attachments

• flue pic.png
    flue pic.png
    648.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200216_212831.jpg
    20200216_212831.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if fitting a new boiler flue through a chimney is OK or not. There is already a flue going through it but just need clarification. See attached. There is also a new roof been fitted over door which makes flue to close to returning wall / panelling. See attached too. Any suggestions what can be done
Well no as it would be flue in a void then...

aslong as the chimneys not being used and you sleeve it eg soil pipe then your fine

depends on what boiler you go for i think ideal let you reduce one measurement to around 75mm, other than that guess you could plume kit it

depends on what boiler you go for i think ideal let you reduce one measurement to around 75mm, other than that guess you could plume kit it
This particular boiler as with many needs a 300mm clearance to returning wall and also I thought the regs changed with regards to plume kits as in that we cant use them to get the correct clearance

This particular boiler as with many needs a 300mm clearance to returning wall and also I thought the regs changed with regards to plume kits as in that we cant use them to get the correct clearance

Yes old but it’s only ncs as there’s no destress

as with new it’s one of them if that’s the only place it can go / acceptable within reason your only option is a plume kit you can guarantee someone will either install it with one or won’t bother and install it like existing

Reply to Flue through chimney in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock