Search the forum,

Discuss Flue terminates in neighbours garden. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a combi boiler that is on its last legs so I want to get it replaced.The flue currently goes through wall which is at the back of neighbours garden this has never caused any problems but someone told me this is not allowed.The problem I have is it's the only place for the boiler to go apart from running a flue right through the flat which would be a nightmare.I need to know whether it's allowed as it's never bovvered them in the past or whether you could extend up higher with a plume kit.

Not allowed i'm afraid even if you get on well with your neighbours and they don't object.

I have a combi boiler that is on its last legs so I want to get it replaced.The flue currently goes through wall which is at the back of neighbours garden this has never caused any problems but someone told me this is not allowed.The problem I have is it's the only place for the boiler to go apart from running a flue right through the flat which would be a nightmare.I need to know whether it's allowed as it's never bovvered them in the past or whether you could extend up higher with a plume kit.

When your neighbour moves, what then? hence why its a NO NO

Could a vertical flue be installed ....if not your moving the boiler..

If the neighbours property goes right to your wall then you are not allowed because then your flue would be on their property, neither are you allowed to cause a nuisance, the plume from modern boilers can project 3 metres, there are also restrictions on boundaries, you cannot flue within a 600mm of your neighbours boundary.

get british gas to fit the new boiler they have done a few around my area and put the flue into next doors garden as that's where the old flue was they are a law to themselves - I posted one on here that they did for a landlord I work for I was called to service it and refused and informed gas safe and they were not realy intrested as it was not a danger

The boiler currently installed is a Glowworm 30 ci if I was to buy a new 30 ci would it be possible to swap the boilers and use existing flue as there is nowhere else to fit boiler apart from living room.

The boiler currently installed is a Glowworm 30 ci if I was to buy a new 30 ci would it be possible to swap the boilers and use existing flue as there is nowhere else to fit boiler apart from living room.

When does NO ever mean anything apart from NO, theres always an alternative it just costs more

there are plenty of saturday boiler fitters who would fit in existing place but its not right - building control could make you move it if there was a complaint.

have you considered getting the condense pipework run from the existing position that to could be a nightmare as well

I have a customer up in Arkengarthdale, next doors flue sticks straight into their back yard. But she has said she can't afford to move it. I told my customer to take a mash hammer to it.

there is nowhere else to fit boiler apart from living room.

There is ALWAYS a way round - some boilers have enormously long permitted flue lengths. You may end up with some boxing-in to do, but I'm sure a decent GSR would be able to find a place to legally install your new boiler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue terminates in neighbours garden. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock