Search the forum,

Discuss flue position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

only place i can put the boiler is in the kitchen, i cant get the flue anymore than about 250mm ish from a window the flue would exit 250mm above window and 200mm from the edge of window

If you fit a worcester then you can overcome this by using a plume management kit. The manufacturers instructions say this is OK. (Other makes may be similar but check MI's first). Will try and find a link.

installation-and-servicing-manual-for-greenstar-i-junior--manufactured-from-august-09.jpg
Hope this works. Its from the Greenstar Jnr i range of combi's from Worcester.

cheers mark i was hopeing to fit a vaillant dont know if they do plume managment kit

Even if Vaillant do a plume management kit it doesnt mean it will be OK to use it in your situation unless the Manufacturers Instructions state you can. Why not go to vaillants website and download the manual and see what it says.

id like to know that one to steve me and my boss were disscussing it today and think these people just make these things up when they like

where do you see a minimum distance from air intake to opening? if it is a concentric flue then you measure to the flue and ignore the air intake, on the original post, if i read it correctly and the flue exits above the window then there is no problem with the 200mm to the side

(200 x 200) + (250 x 250) = 102,500
Square root 102,500 = 320.156 (Pythagoras' theorum)
I also agree with kirkgas - BS 5440-1 indicates 300mm directly above the opening

where do you see a minimum distance from air intake to opening? if it is a concentric flue then you measure to the flue and ignore the air intake, on the original post, if i read it correctly and the flue exits above the window then there is no problem with the 200mm to the side
thats what i thought but when i checked on vailants site there is a minimum of 300 mm above an opening not sure when this came in im sure it wasnt there before
probably there to sell plume kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock