Search the forum,

Discuss Flue location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lockstock

Hello everybody! I'm about to have my boiler upgraded to a Worcester combi unit. Its replacing a conventional gas
and header tank system which has been in place since the house was built (1988).
My heating technician who is carrying out the job is concerned about the location of the flue and would like a 2nd opinion and where better to ask than this site.

I live in a small block of flats on the ground floor, the existing flue exits out of my kitchen wall and into an archway. Ideally would like to keep it in its current location but due to updated legislations this might not be possible. Could anyone shed to light on this? I've included some pictures below.

Thanks in advance.

So your heating technician has asked to join a forum and post a few images because he isnt sure - really lol.

Sounds like your heating technician is not a gas engineer.

Please read the forum rules re gas advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing boiler (room sealed), cannot install it at the current location as it is open to weather effects (rain and sun light in summers). I cannot install it in...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock