Search the forum,

Discuss Flue Location Safety Concerns in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

As a layman, I'm looking for some advice please. At the back of my 2 storey house is a narrow 2m wide alleyway separating it from a warehouse of a similar height. It's at least 15/20 metres long, so almost entirely enclosed.

A few weeks ago, the new occupiers installed an outlet flue (presumably gas) on the back wall of the warehouse. It has been operating almost continuously and is very loud. But of greater concern is it's positioning directly opposite the soffits of my roof and below my opening velux windows. So I'm concerned that it could be pumping carbon-monoxide into my home, where I'm currently stuck 24/7.

IMG_20200406_101332027_HDR.jpg

So 2 questions for you good people: a) Is this installation dangerous? b) is is legal?

Many Thanks
Kevin

Looks fine and safe to me

It has been operating almost continuously and is very loud.
Let them know that the noise is disturbing you. If they aren't willing do something about it, which is the usual case, contact you local authority. There are fairly strict rules about how much noise and during what periods, industrial units close to housing are permitted to make.

Reply to Flue Location Safety Concerns in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock