Search the forum,

Discuss Flue Gas Analysers and cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin@gesuk

With this cold snap and the cold winter forecast, I recommend that instruments such as FGA, multimeters and other test instruments are taken inside during the night and if possible put them in the front of your vehicle between jobs.

Modern electronic instruments do suffer from condensation as the components are packed very close together on the circuit board.

They also have LCD displays which do not work below minus ten C

If you accidentally leave your instruments in the vehicle over night, put it in a sealed plastic bag to warm up; this will hopefully prevent condensation forming inside the instrument.

Kevin

Is this a record for thank you's?

Thanks Kevin. I did this last winter but must admit I'd forgotten to do it this time round. This cold weather also ruins silicone and glue and stuff like that (except the solvent weld still smells as good as ever despite the temerature ...)

Does the batterys on drills etc no good aswell. After having my drills nicked out of man van overnight once I always empty my stuff out everynight without fail.

same here,i never leave anything in my van overnight.

I went to do a landlord cert yesterday and even my bloody U gauge was frozen solid looked real stupid tryin to defrost a bit of plastic tube to get on with a safety check lol

thanks will give that a go in this weather even my l,d,f froze to im glad i bring my anton in doors lol

Photo of damage caused by water/ condensation damage. The circuit board could have been saved if they dried it out in an airing cupboard.

Board-Corrosion.jpg

I went to do a landlord cert yesterday and even my bloody U gauge was frozen solid looked real stupid tryin to defrost a bit of plastic tube to get on with a safety check lol

put a fair few drops of blue windscreen wash in the u guage, it never freezes and you can actually see it easily, don't want anyone telling me it will effect the specific density of the water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

put a fair few drops of blue windscreen wash in the u guage, it never freezes and you can actually see it easily, don't want anyone telling me it will effect the specific density of the water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers i was wondering if i could do that

all mydrills etc were flat this morning in the cold weather, had to charge them before using to warm them up again, so had to have 3 cups of tea whilst the old charger did its stuff, not all bad then.

With this cold weather I have to be careful of my liquid intake.

Agree. Analyers test meters ect don't like the cold, bring them indoors, won't get nicked either. What is the specific gravity of screen wash? only joking.

all mydrills etc were flat this morning in the cold weather, had to charge them before using to warm them up again, so had to have 3 cups of tea whilst the old charger did its stuff, not all bad then.

are you finding lithium ion battery's really suffer with the cold?

Thanks for the reminder. Just been out and got my Megger in from the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue Gas Analysers and cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock