Search the forum,

Discuss Fluctuation in water pressure with electric shower since neighbours extension built in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an electric shower which worked perfectly until my neighbours built an extension. Since then my water pressure is constantly fluctuating which has caused problems with the shower. The temperature of the water can be perfect initially but will suddenly change and I’ll either be almost scalded or be drenched in cold water. I know it isn’t the shower at fault because it works perfectly when the neighbours are away on holiday. I live in a semi-detached ex council property. However, it is not the neighbours I’m attached to that is causing the poblems. Any suggestions as to what if anything can be done?

What are your pressure readings?
How have you been monitoring pressure fluctuations?
I don’t know. I am just aware of the drop in flow which coincides with the change in temperature. I know it isn’t the shower itself because I recently had a new shower installed and the same is happening with the new shower. I mentioned the problem to the plumber who installed the shower and he wasn’t able to help. It definitely has something to do with next door because for the whole week they were away, the shower functioned perfectly!

Being ex council it may have a shared (from the street) water service and if the neighbour now has a combi boiler or has fitted a boost pump it would be affecting yours.

Even if it's not shared both connections to the main will be close so there could be pressure reduction.

Have you spoken the the neighbour to see if they get pressure loss when you use water?

As WC1 has suggested you need pressure readings to prove it's an external issue.
Your local Water supplier should be able to investigate to prove there is no issue in thier main.

Being ex council it may have a shared (from the street) water service and if the neighbour now has a combi boiler or has fitted a boost pump it would be affecting yours.

Even if it's not shared both connections to the main will be close so there could be pressure reduction.

Have you spoken the the neighbour to see if they get pressure loss when you use water?

As WC1 has suggested you need pressure readings to prove it's an external issue.
Your local Water supplier should be able to investigate to prove there is no issue in thier main.

Thank you very much for your advice. I will speak with my neighbour regarding the issues that you raised and contact Severn Trent to ask them to check their main. Once again, thank you for your advice

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/monument-tools-mains-water-pressure-test-gauge-11bar/82412

Isolate and remove the hose from the back of the washing machine and stick it on.
Record readings over several days.
Report back.
👍

Have you noticed a change in performance to the water elsewhere in the house? Definitely check the external stop tap as mentioned above and if you still have no luck report it to the water board who will normally come out and investigate if you have an issue with water flow/pressure.

Have you noticed a change in performance to the water elsewhere in the house? Definitely check the external stop tap as mentioned above and if you still have no luck report it to the water board who will normally come out and investigate if you have an issue with water flow/pressure.
Thank you. I’m taking all of the advice on board and will act on it.

Reply to Fluctuation in water pressure with electric shower since neighbours extension built in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock