Search the forum,

Discuss Fluctuating hot water after new rad. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Just after some advice from someone that knows more than i do please .

Boiler is a viessmann Combi boiler less than three years old.

I recently replaced an old radiator and moved the location, I have cut and capped the old pipe work and added new. I froze the pipes to cut but one of the plugs failed leading to an unintentional draining of the system (the boiler was switched off at the time). The new rad is working fine with no leaks and the central heating is pressured and working fine.

Since then however the hot water does not stay hot for very long, it gets hot buts goes cold within 30 seconds before getting hot again and so on.

Are the two things related or an odd coincidence?.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

It could be anything really, you need someone to check it out.

Diverter valve, transducer, inlet filter, blocked heat exchanger, thermister to name a few.

Is it the same at all hot taps?
You could have disturbed some muck that had now blocked a boiler part or it could just be a coincidence.
The joys of plumbing.

Thanks everyone, boiler is still under warranty so I’ll get someone to have a look, if it’s muck from the system then it’ll cost me but sounds like it’s needed 👍

Reply to Fluctuating hot water after new rad. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the rads What is this, and how likely is it that it is faulty? That sits in between the hot water to the rads and hot water to the hot water tank...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock