Search the forum,

Discuss Flow rates through 2 and 3 port valves. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes it me again with another question. I keep reading that one will get a better flow rate in an S plan than in a Y plan. Now I can see that being valid if both heating and hot water are called for but if only one surely the flow rate will be the same for both plans?
Finally are there any makes of 3 port valves that have bigger orifices than others to possibly negate the fact that the flow is having to go in 2 directions if in mid position?

How much flow do you need as tbh never had a hassle with either ?

Don't just guess..it's pointless..use maths...here, it's already done for you....your welcome
Easier said than done. Over 90% of my pipework is hidden inside walls. The main pipework enters the wall at 28mm and returns at 28mm what happens to it in between is well a unknown factor.

The total radiator output, in theory, is around 25kw, the boiler is rated at 35kw but being an old oil fired one the efficiency is not brilliant but the 3 port valve seemed to handle what was asked of it.
It was in a sorry state when I removed it on friday. My question on flows was purely out of curiosity.

Final question on this type of topic, I promise. Is there any reason a Honeywell V4073A cannot be replaced by a V4044C? I realise the V4044C does not do a mid position and only uses 3 wires as opposed to 5. I am assuming with no power the HW circuit is open and with power it switches to heating open.

Other than, if you use more than a tankful of hot water in a day, you may have cold hot water for a bit, or cold radiators for a bit, depending on the priority set 🤪

Easier said than done. Over 90% of my pipework is hidden inside walls. The main pipework enters the wall at 28mm and returns at 28mm what happens to it in between is well a unknown factor.
so if you can't see it then you can't measure it then you can't control so this conversation is purely anecdotal

Reply to Flow rates through 2 and 3 port valves. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock