Search the forum,

Discuss Flow rate on Intergas Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I am thinking about buying a small intergas boiler. The HRE 24/18.

It is a 17kw boiler but the house i rent out is a 2 bed terrace. It has a bathroom with bath and a shower over it run off the boiler.

My concern is the low Flow rate on this boiler. Has anyone had any issues with it ?

It is 12 L at 25C and 8.5L at 35C. I have asked technical what is the FR but they say they cant say because it is determined by how it is set up.

I have read on another forum a guy has this boiler and the FR is disappointing.

So asking here to see what experienced people think.

My water pressure is good and i have an arisen micro genus at the moment but it is 15 yrs old so near to replacement time.

Perhaps I'd go with an ecofit pure if you need something like a budget boiler.
As above really you will struggle during the winter periode. I just would not go to cheap with a rental boiler as it is still yours and should have long warranties.

Yes i don't go for cheap usually. The intergas boiler is about £700-800, but someone is selling it at £500 on eBay near to me. It all seems legit.

But i have a feeling i am going to go with a slightly bigger KW boiler as this sounds to small, even for a small house with 5 rads on the system.

My engineer reckons the ideal instinct is ok to use.

The Ariston Micro genus has been difficult because it was one of the first in their range to be condensing. They had an issue with a valve in the flue i think and this needed to be removed, but many were installed without removing this. So for a time it caused me loads of problems and money until the issue was solved correctly.

Certainly the worst boiler i have had to work with over the years. Still going though, but at 15 yrs i am looking to see what i will replace it with.

Hi

I am thinking about buying a small intergas boiler. The HRE 24/18.

It is a 17kw boiler but the house i rent out is a 2 bed terrace. It has a bathroom with bath and a shower over it run off the boiler.

My concern is the low Flow rate on this boiler. Has anyone had any issues with it ?

It is 12 L at 25C and 8.5L at 35C. I have asked technical what is the FR but they say they cant say because it is determined by how it is set up.

I have read on another forum a guy has this boiler and the FR is disappointing.

So asking here to see what experienced people think.

My water pressure is good and i have an arisen micro genus at the moment but it is 15 yrs old so near to replacement time.

Surely the flow rate depends on the power output of the (any) boiler.
It requires 20.8kw to heat 12 LPM by 25C or 8.5 LPM by 35C and the HRE 24/18 achieves this.
If you require higher flow rates you have to specify a higher output, a HRE 36/30 will heat 13 LPM by 35C and requires 31.8 kw.

I don't know, i just go by what the data sheet tells me and it seems this intergas boiler at 17KW is not able to heat the water to have a good shower (someone on another forum has reported this issue with this boiler).

All views appreciated though.

I did wonder when I saw the word Pure in the same sentence as Budget.

I did, recently, look closely at the Ecofit Pure Heat Only as it has a rear flue option (which is a bit of a bonus for my situation) and furthermore my neighbour just had one fitted (a 15kw Heat Only) by British Gas for around £2500 or £2600 - including a flush and a Fernox mag. filter.

She has 15 rads plus DHW and the 15kw is what BG fitted - an Ecofit Pure primarily because of the rear flue option and small dimensions.

It certainly is cheaper to buy than a 4oo series Ecotec Heat Only - but still wasn't bargain basement price.

I've tried to find out where they've cut corners when comparing it to the EcoTec, but have failed. Their blurb doesn't give much away and I discounted the idea of ringing them to ask. Certainly both are ali. HEX.

And the Pure needs an extra cable for the over-run .... my neighbour doesn't have that and is experiencing problems because of it. (at least, that's what the Vaillant engineer has told them).

As we know it only comes with a TWO year warranty as standard. The options to extend seem to be dependant on who fits it and whether the customer pays for an extension and/or buys the "protection kit", which I spotted consists of a Spirotec MB3 mag. filter (same as mine) and some test strips.

And therein lies as good an example as you’ll find not to go with British Gas they are overpriced and offer no solutions to problems. There are always fixes for stuff like this

I did wonder when I saw the word Pure in the same sentence as Budget.

I did, recently, look closely at the Ecofit Pure Heat Only as it has a rear flue option (which is a bit of a bonus for my situation) and furthermore my neighbour just had one fitted (a 15kw Heat Only) by British Gas for around £2500 or £2600 - including a flush and a Fernox mag. filter.

She has 15 rads plus DHW and the 15kw is what BG fitted - an Ecofit Pure primarily because of the rear flue option and small dimensions.

It certainly is cheaper to buy than a 4oo series Ecotec Heat Only - but still wasn't bargain basement price.

I've tried to find out where they've cut corners when comparing it to the EcoTec, but have failed. Their blurb doesn't give much away and I discounted the idea of ringing them to ask. Certainly both are ali. HEX.

And the Pure needs an extra cable for the over-run .. my neighbour doesn't have that and is experiencing problems because of it. (at least, that's what the Vaillant engineer has told them).

As we know it only comes with a TWO year warranty as standard. The options to extend seem to be dependant on who fits it and whether the customer pays for an extension and/or buys the "protection kit", which I spotted consists of a Spirotec MB3 mag. filter (same as mine) and some test strips.
The EcoFit Pure range is pretty decent IMO. Nicely designed for small spaces, rear flues and they work really well.

Your main difference between the (EcoTec System & Combi) and the EcoFit is the design of the burner. The EcoTec range has the round style burner and the EcoFit has the new design burner that's water cooled on all sides (Designed or made by some car manufacture so i'm told?).

The EcoFit and EcoTec heat only boilers are pretty much identical apart from the computer and casing.

Also if you get a Vaillant Advance installer fit it you'll get a 7 year warranty FOC!, upgradable to 10 for £180 or fit the Vaillant system filter on the EcoTec.

That's helpful. Ta muchly.

As mentioned it was tricky trying to figure the differences in spec (between Ecotec and Ecofit) and when looking at Vaillant's descriptions online the only discernible difference was the warranty and the mention of the HEX being associated with the motor trade. TBH I wasn't sure whether associations with automotive design sounded like a plus or a minus :) If one was ali. and one was stainless then I'd understand, but from what you say the rest of the innards are much of a muchness then.

My bloke would get the standard 10 year warranty on the Logic Max but as he's not Vaillant Advance approved we'd presumably be stuck with 2 yrs warranty on the Ecofit Pure. That doesn't appeal - it sounds a bit meagre.

He wouldn't get the Intergas 7 yr warranty without spending half a day at Barnstaple (and enjoying a free light lunch:)) but WOULD apparently get the Baxi full term warranty plus we would seemingly get 7 yrs on the Glow worm Energy Heat Only.

Last edited:
My bloke would get the standard 10 year warranty on the Logic Max but as he's not Vaillant Advance approved we'd presumably be stuck with 2 yrs warranty on the Ecofit Pure. That doesn't appeal - it sounds a bit meagre.

To become Vaillant Advance you've just got to register. That's all, no courses.

Yes the Heat Only models of the EcoFit Pure and EcoTec Plus are pretty much the same boiler. TBH there's no reason to get the EcoTec Plus in heat only form.

That's very helpful indeed - I'm very grateful. You've put things nicely into context.

I'm now almost spoilt for choice but it's good to know what's what.

Ideal Logic Max with the brass filter and 10 yr warranty (choice of 15kw or 18kw)

Vaillant EcoFit Pure with 7 yr warranty (choice of 15kw or 18kw)

Intergas HRE OV 18 with 7 yr warranty (provided he goes to Barnstaple for half a day)

I had discounted WB a while ago, despite their advantages (or some will say disadvantages).

Further sincere apologies for thread drift but you blokes have been great.

Reply to Flow rate on Intergas Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock