Search the forum,

Discuss Flow and return (Vogel and Noot radiator) - Bottom feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GillmarB

Last year we had a rad removed from lounge and a new Vogel and Noot flat panel rad installed on an adjacent wall. It has a centre bottom feed for flow and return. The rad has never got beyond tepid (and that is only at the back). Vogel and Noot (who are fantastic!) suggest that that the flow and return are the wrong way around. The plumber, prior to this advice, did all the tests, flushed, balanced etc but is in denial that the flow and return are the problem. The hotter pipe is in the return position so we think it is wrong. Can anyone just reassure me before I insist he returns to rectify. Thanks.

Hottest pipe will be the flow.

If you have TRVs fitted, check they are bidirectional. (will have arrows marked on the metal). If the arrows are opposite to the flow, the water pressure will try to close the valve as its going the wrong way.

Is the lockshield fully open?

Otherwise may need to check balancing again.

What happens if you shut off all the other radiators but that one? Does it get hot then (don't leave like it for long or it will strain the pump)

PS to other forum members - did you know Myson has been taken over by Vogel and Noot?

Last edited:
Some rads have a gizmo in them like a non return valve so if its got one of these in it it dose matter

Thanks for reply Dan

I am not a plumber so excuse my description...the feeds go into the radiator vertically at the bottom centre - just two pipes with nothing else; there is a themostatic adjustment on the top right side of the radiator. Plumber has tried closing all others off and balancing with no improvement. I feel he is convinced there is an underfloor problem - but how could there be if the original radiator did heat up?

Thanks Simon - then they are in the wrong way and as 'Wazzer' says, I think they may be a non-return 'gizmo'. Just need to convince the plumber now.

Just been reading on their site. The flow has to be on the left. I think this is prob due to the design with the trv on the top corner

So to recap

Hot on left

If not it's wrong

~Thanks Simon - you have confirmed it is wrong - just got to get the plumber to get beyond his 'ego' now! He is a great chap but is having difficulty admitting to this! Very much appreciated.

Thanks to Simon anD WHPES - They do a crossover valve which might do the trick so all your information has been very useful - thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow and return (Vogel and Noot radiator) - Bottom feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor aren't getting very hot, I've had a few passes of balancing to no avail, In light of the above, I took a look down in the subfloor yesterday to take...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hi new to the forum here and after some advise please. I have done a garage extension and need heating in the room. I am in a town house with no Rads on the ground floor. (Underfloor heating). My boiler (not combi) is downstairs, but megaflow tank is upstairs along with rads upstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Recently had a new combi installed (Glow-worm Energy 30kw) in a new location (moved from upstairs to down). The flow and returns now leave the boiler in 22mm (for approx 1m), then drop to 15mm to feed the first two upstairs radiators, which are closest to the new location. This then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock