Search the forum,

Discuss Flouroen NiMH 18V Batteries for DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 2 of these NiMH 3AH batteries on eBay for my aging dewalt tools. The batteries are made in China and look and feel like good quality items at a very good price. But be warned, they are rubbish. Both batteries from the off didn't seem to last as long as I hoped and I was constantly having to recharge them. Within a month they simply lacked the power to drive anything properly and wouldn't hold a charge when left for any length of time . In just a few more months they are both totally dead and heading to the recycle center...

Had the same with a battery I brought for a laptop.

Nicads were much better for abuse , but now outlawed !
( Pretty soon got fed up with freshly charging NiMH just before use )

My old mans got the li-ion version and swears by them.

Heard a lot of the un branded batteries are absolutely cack.

I've got the Makita ones aswell, never had a problem. Ones just died but it was 3-4 years old.

they are fine for low drain tools but when they are pushed the combination of low quality cells and questionable cell overheat and over drain protection will equal a short lifespan and poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flouroen NiMH 18V Batteries for DeWalt in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock