Search the forum,

Discuss Floorboard holesaws................ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Are these any good for chipboard flooring?
Does the 'plug' fit flat so that you wont see it under carpets?

I can recommend them for chipboard definitely. They’re a marvellous bit of kit.

Seen many a new build floor riddled with them, plasterers shove up the boards and trap the wires between the underside of joists :D

Poor old sparks, has to free em

Seen many a new build floor riddled with them, plasterers shove up the boards and trap the wires between the underside of joists :D

Poor old sparks, has to free em
Is it a good finish with the plug in?
The carpets not going to sag into the hole?

The hole and rebate is made with a special hole cutter that matches the plugs. There’s a smidge of a gap around the perimeter of the plug... but even linoleum would cover and not show through.

Normally fit the extra / plastic discs

Wouldn’t recommend for traffic areas unless you glue it down

Yep

It’s for a loft conversion
I need to get pipes under the floor before walls are built.
It will have to be push fit
I can then make a hole and reach in to connect the rad pipes

You can put the plug back into the hole but of course firstly you need something in place to support it from underneath. Pass a short bar of wood through the hole and screw it on straddled across the hole from underneath so that the bottom of the plug has something to attach to. I usually just glue the plug onto the bar but not onto the surrounding boarding. Therefore you can always unscrew the bar with plug attached in case you need to access the hole again in the future.

Reply to Floorboard holesaws................ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock