From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Floorboard holesaws... in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Test4Less - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

scott_d

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Are these any good for chipboard flooring?
Does the 'plug' fit flat so that you wont see it under carpets?

S

Sharp Point

I can recommend them for chipboard definitely. They’re a marvellous bit of kit.

S

Sharp Point

Seen many a new build floor riddled with them, plasterers shove up the boards and trap the wires between the underside of joists :D

Poor old sparks, has to free em

OP
scott_d

scott_d

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Seen many a new build floor riddled with them, plasterers shove up the boards and trap the wires between the underside of joists :D

Poor old sparks, has to free em
Is it a good finish with the plug in?
The carpets not going to sag into the hole?

S

Sharp Point

The hole and rebate is made with a special hole cutter that matches the plugs. There’s a smidge of a gap around the perimeter of the plug... but even linoleum would cover and not show through.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Normally fit the extra / plastic discs

Wouldn’t recommend for traffic areas unless you glue it down

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Yep

OP
scott_d

scott_d

Plumber
Gas Engineer
It’s for a loft conversion
I need to get pipes under the floor before walls are built.
It will have to be push fit
I can then make a hole and reach in to connect the rad pipes

WHPES

Plumber
Gas Engineer
You can put the plug back into the hole but of course firstly you need something in place to support it from underneath. Pass a short bar of wood through the hole and screw it on straddled across the hole from underneath so that the bottom of the plug has something to attach to. I usually just glue the plug onto the bar but not onto the surrounding boarding. Therefore you can always unscrew the bar with plug attached in case you need to access the hole again in the future.

Reply to Floorboard holesaws... in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares