Search the forum,

Discuss Floor wet around toilet. Help! in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, we've just had someone round to fit lino in our toilet. He ripped up the old lino only to reveal a large wet patch around the toilet (see photo). The floor is damp to touch and I'm left wondering what could be the cause of this? Given the shape of the damp patch, would it likely be a leaking toilet? There's pipes in the unit behind the toilet that lead to an outdoor tap. And on the floor directly underneath is a shower unit. The old lino was never wet on top so this has come as a complete surprise. The plan at the moment is to leave it to dry out and see what happens. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

IMG_2978.JPG

How easy is it to gain access behind? Any top panels that come off? Check the radiator lockshield (left hand valve) and vicinity to make sure there’s no leak in that area, although unlikely.

Ok I've had a look. There's no obvious sign of any leakage. I'm guessing only option is to get someone round to have a look.
The floor is drying out nicely now the lino is up. And I should point out there's no funny/bad smells in there.
Check for the toilet base (pan) being loose and check the flush too (might only leak when flushed).

My money is on a small hard to see leak, would wrap length of dry tissue paper around all and any pipes connected to the toilet including the one that feeds water to the cistern and stuff tissue into any gaps where the cistern joins the pan, then flush two or three times to see which piece of tissue gets wet.

My money is on a small hard to see leak, would wrap length of dry tissue paper around all and any pipes connected to the toilet including the one that feeds water to the cistern and stuff tissue into any gaps where the cistern joins the pan, then flush two or three times to see which piece of tissue gets wet.

Thanks. Will give that a try :)

Condensation drips from outside the cistern?

Reply to Floor wet around toilet. Help! in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock