Search the forum,

Discuss Floor standing heat only in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, partners grandmother has an old Ideal Mexico, floor standing heat only boiler on a gravity fed system with a 2port valve, she wants a like for like swap im wondering if anyone has any recommendations what boiler would be best to replace it with, she doesnt want a combi just a like for like swap

Unfortunately you won’t get a like for like swap these days as there a lot smaller

When you say gravity system do you mean open vented (tank fed)?
If the system is fully pumped already she could go for 4 series Vaillant or some other regular boiler.

Yeh theres an FE tank in the loft, is the vaillant floor standing ?
No. I don't think you can get floor standing anymore for domestic.
I may be wrong but I haven't seen any in years.

Wall mounted Vaillant. Can be at low level though. There's a minimum clearance beneath so probably not too easy under worktop. Is it in kitchen under a worktop?

Well bless my soul, I just checked and there is a floor standing Mexico still. I haven't used other than Vaillant for over 16 years now in domestic properties so lost touch with what's out there a bit.

Reply to Floor standing heat only in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock