Search the forum,

Discuss flood level of new bathroom? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djboyd

Hi

Intend to install an AAV for soil vent pipe in new bathroom. This must be above flood level, so above sink overflow. What's the point in that if the shower outlet is at floor level? Surely if the system gets blocked somewhere, then the waste water from the sink or toilet will come out the shower?

You can buy traps with an AAV as part of the trap, if this solves your dilemma.

This is to ensure the correct operation of the air admittance valve, otherwise there is a risk that the water seal in the basin's trap may be broken.

Hi. Your right, but the shower tray will contain a fair amount of water and be able to be seen before damaging the property, unlike a boxed in fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flood level of new bathroom? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Moved to a new house and changing bathroom layout would it be ok to take shower and wash hand basin into soil pipe toilet moving to middle window sink to the right of middle window shower to the first window
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock