Search the forum,

Discuss Flomasta Bottom Entry Fill Valve won't stop filling in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Reggie

Hi all. I'm having issues with the Flomasta bottom-entry fill valve in a toilet; the 'float' comes up but doesn't have any effect, it simply won't stop filling, leading to water constantly flowing down the overflow. The cistern is in a sealed unit so without ripping the whole thing apart is only accessible from the top. Does anyone have any ideas how this could be fixed / changed without having to rip the whole unit apart to install a new valve?

Thanks.

Valve as below:

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-bottom-entry-fill-valve/5527f

Apparently the top/head is removable (see end of video below), assuming the clip you need to remove is accessible, and that you have space to rotate the head part - maybe using the 'slide upwards' feature would give more access?

Apparently the top/head is removable (see end of video below), assuming the clip you need to remove is accessible, and that you have space to rotate the head part - maybe using the 'slide upwards' feature would give more access?

Great that's helpful thanks! It's quite awkward to get at even with the valve slid up to its max height, but I'll give it a go. Hopefully just an ineffective seal underneath the head preventing it from shutting off when the float raises.

Reply to Flomasta Bottom Entry Fill Valve won't stop filling in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi, one of the two hooks on my toilet Torbeck fill valve has broken, and so the float can't connect. I've bought a new fill valve, however it's incredibly difficult to access underneath and replace the whole valve. I therefore just want to replace the plastic part that has the two hooks...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Flomasta fill valve bottom entry with brass shank, v 1.1 Looks great but the instructions say the cistern thickness at the bottom mounting point must be min 8.5mm. Just a diagram - doesn't say why. My cistern is a concealed one made of polythene or something like it, and is only 5mm thick...
Replies
Views
First of all , a bit late but, a Happy New Year to everybody on the forum. Surely 2022 cannot be as strange as 2021, or can it? Anyway I digress. My question relates to entry positions on a radiator. I know for one that Stelrad say do not have bottom entry and top exit. This is supposedly to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a brand new side fill concealed cistern. The cistern fills ok and gently stops an inch below overflow. The float then stop moving up as expected. All seems ok until about 30 to 60 seconds later the outlet slowly starts to drip water which then becomes more steady and...
Replies
Views
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after reconnecting everything, the overflow on the ROS drinking water faucet will not stop running. The only thing connected to the ROS that I manipulated was an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock