Search the forum,

Discuss Flexible hose advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am trying to fit a wall hung toilet in our new en suite.

The flexible hose within the cistern is only just long enough to exit the hole in the cistern which means the final connection will be very awkward.

The flexible hose is female BSP both ends. One end is 1/2" to fit onto a 15mm isolating valve and I'm guessing the other end is 3/8" but I'm unsure all I know is it is smaller.

I don't seem to be able to find any replacement hoses in 500mm length.

Any help much aporeciated.

IMG_20190519_110236.jpg
IMG_20190519_110833.jpg
IMG_20190519_110934.jpg

obviously yours maybe different but every wall hung toilet iv done the flexy hose in the cistern stays in the cistern and threads on/in to there 90 degree shutoff valve which goes into the "hole" your talking about and then to the float valve ,

I could extend the copper to the hose but it will just be awkward to connect.

If I could get a 500mm version of the hose that would be perfect.

Ok that maybe an idea. I guess if the copper goes into the cistern then it can be isolated through the push button.

I think that maybe the easiest way.

no thats gash , you should have a 90 degree shut off valve that bolts/clamps into that hole , some times there packed up tightly inside the flush pipe??? what brand toilet is that?

Thanks for the video link. Yeah that makes sense now.

I didn't get anything like that in the box so may have to make a phone call.

Thanks again for the help.

As a side note,
Never use flexi's where you can't access them.

So if something has a flexi connector that is meant to be concealed - don't install the product

An appliance like a washer is about the only place I’d use a flexi. Handy things but a flood waiting to happen in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with a good quality flexi properly installed. Wouldn't use the one in the picture as it's been kinked.

Nothing wrong with a good quality flexi properly installed. Wouldn't use the one in the picture as it's been kinked.

Each to their own obviously, I’ve had a couple of bad experiences with them so avoid if possible. For me they don’t save that much time and good quality ones aren’t cheap.

Reply to Flexible hose advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock