Search the forum,

Discuss Flexi tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

notaclue

Hi, I have some new monobloc kitchen taps & they have flexi tails with a female threaded fitting with a flat rubber washer, can I simply screw them to an isolating valve (having discarded the valves olive & nut) ?
Thanks

Well you can and it will not leak for now but not good practice as the end of the fitting is wedge shaped to take olive and this can cut into the rubber washer over time or sometimes if you over tighten and start to leak, you should connect to a standard male thread end fitting as the jointing face is flat and forms a correct joint with rubber washer on the end of the flexi hose

Can you do it? Yes

Is it recommended? No

Many people do it though, just don't over tighten or the sharp beveled edge will cut into the washer.

Well you can and it will not leak for now but not good practice as the end of the fitting is wedge shaped to take olive and this can cut into the rubber washer over time or sometimes if you over tighten and start to leak, you should connect to a standard male thread end fitting as the jointing face is flat and forms a correct joint with rubber washer on the end of the flexi hose

Thanks, Have to say, that is what I wondered about!
Not managed to find any male threaded std fittings yet though:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexi tails in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock