Search the forum,

Discuss Flexi tails fitting advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys

Im replacing a set of basin taps with a v&b mixer tap.
The flexi tails attached to the tap body have got some fitting ends that I've not seen before

DSC_3891.JPG

The instructions have some images of what look like push fit sockets (not supplied)
16361471905791144646503.jpg

I want to fit the tails to 15mm copper pipe.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of adapter that I need, or do i need to change the tails?

The brass tails on the flexis are probably 10mm, you'll need to measure or it may be stated in the instructions.
You just need 10mm x 15mm reducing coupler or elbow or whatever suits to get onto 15mm

Something like;

If they’re already 15mm the use a full bore isolation valve or coupling, if they’re 10mm then a 15mm x 10mm reducer, likewise if 12mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done use push fit as it’s brass use a compression fitting

Found out last week that John Guest do a brass long tail drain off for use with speed fit fittings

Yes but there’s a special ridge to stop it flying off

Reply to Flexi tails fitting advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock