Search the forum,

Discuss Flexi Pipes Or Copper Tails For Mono Basin Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to fit a Deva Evolution Tall Mono Basin Mixer Chrome - EVO113EX. It has come supplied with flexi pipes but would like some advice on whether it would be better to replace these with copper tails.

I colleague of mine as had an instance of a flexi pipe bursting and flooding his downstairs bathoom so am trying to limit any chances of problems where I can.

I am sure there will be mixed views on this one but would be interested in your comments nevertheless.

Thanks,

Daz

i would fit what was supplied with the taps. you friend's flexi might have burst because it was kinked at sometime and weakened the wall.

Hi I agree If you are not a plumber and the pipes do not align with the taps it can be a pig to pipe. The leaks usually occur if the internal core of the stainless steel flexi gets twisted on tighting up as it is only rubber/neoprene. Unfortunately you do not see the damage until it is too late

copper tails can be murder to line up flexi are easy but you cant pinch em if you got tails with your taps use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexi Pipes Or Copper Tails For Mono Basin Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some horror stories about these bursting / leaking so would prefer rigid fixings like the existing ones they are replacing. I'm looking to purchase this...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the manufacturers - the nearest equivalent is apparently this one: GoodHome Lazu 1 lever Mini Contemporary Basin Mono mixer Tap | DIY at B&Q -...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock