Search the forum,

Discuss Flexi pipe problems - rats or stress in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have an issue with my downstairs toilet. The Flexi pip splits and tears within weeks of being installed. All signs point to it being rats... and other pictures of the damage look similar but the Flexi is on a bend at that is The only place the damage its. It also has a hole in the water in Flexi as well same place on the bend? Can someone help with what is the problem and what is the solution?

Attachments

• B0DBD580-F011-41C6-A279-70E35DF6E791.jpeg
    B0DBD580-F011-41C6-A279-70E35DF6E791.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 28
Hi,

I have an issue with my downstairs toilet. The Flexi pip splits and tears within weeks of being installed. All signs point to it being rats... and other pictures of the damage look similar but the Flexi is on a bend at that is The only place the damage its. It also has a hole in the water in Flexi as well same place on the bend? Can someone help with what is the problem and what is the solution?
Its Rats, flexi poo pipes let light in rats always eat their way out to light , full thickness soil pipe does not. Ratty turns round and goes off eleswhere. However I would buy and install a McAlpine anti rodent
insert, these are spot on are metal reinforced to stop Roland eating his way thro the flap. We have installed many many of these top quality functional units. centralheatking

Its Rats, flexi poo pipes let light in rats always eat their way out to light , full thickness soil pipe does not. Ratty turns round and goes off eleswhere. However I would buy and install a McAlpine anti rodent
insert, these are spot on are metal reinforced to stop Roland eating his way thro the flap. We have installed many many of these top quality functional units. centralheatking
Hi Centralheatking can you please explain how and where you install the flaps? I'm a desperate ground floor flat landlord in Bedford, thanks so much

Rubber seal any pictures is it a fernco ?

Rubber seal any pictures is it a fernco ?
Hi Shaun I use Mcalpine 90degrees Flexi connectors as per image attached, is it possible to replace the rubber seal in the picture (detachable) with the mcalpine valve? I'm away from home so I'm not sure if the diameter is compatible, thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20211225_134131.jpg
    IMG_20211225_134131.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 5
But if you put it before the flexi they won’t be able to eat anything after

It will fit into the 110mm pipe eg what the flex goes in then remove the fin washer off the flexi and push it in as one

Reply to Flexi pipe problems - rats or stress in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock