Search the forum,

Discuss Flexi pipe or copper pipe for gas hob? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys

I've got an integrated electric oven with a gas hob directly above.
How do I connect this hob to gas? I've done a bit of googling and I've read that you can connect the hob to the gas line with a flexi pipe only if the manufacturers instructions permit you to do so (please correct me if I'm wrong).

My questions is, which manufacturers instructions? is it the hob? the oven? or pipe manufacturer?

Again, I'm not up to date with latest regs so if flexible pipe is a no no then please let me know and I'll put a copper pipe in.

Many thanks

Time to call a gas Engineer to install the hob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexi pipe or copper pipe for gas hob? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Just after some advice please. I have a small outdoor gas pizza oven with the below connector. I also have the below connector (and corresponding gas cylinder) on a camping gas hob I use when we go camping. My question is, can I cut off the existing connector on the pizza oven gas...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in this boiler cupboard. So questions: 1.Anybody got a photo of a good professional job please. 2. Where to stop the insulation under the boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock