Search the forum,

Discuss flexi hose to flexi hose in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

please can anyone advise if its advisible to connect 2 flexihoses together with the pictured connectors?

Attachments

• 20200907_091917.jpg
    20200907_091917.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 14
No not recommend tbh I don’t even recommend the long flexis hard pipe is best

1. Wouldn't recommend it as a general principle. Flexis are often not top quality, have restricted bores, and can cause a real mess if they leak.
2. Hard to tell from your photo, but they don't look like the same size. Upper one looks like the compression connection for 15 mm hard pipe, Lower looks like a 3/4" BSP female.
3. Even if they are the same height, the sharp edge of the compression angle in the upper can cut into the rubber sealing washer of the lower, possibly causing the joint to leak.

AS above flexis in general are not a good idea.

However if you must then there is an adapter you can get that goes into the top on your picture with the original nut and olive and creates a flat face for the lower to fit against.

Toolstation, Product code: 14081

Reply to flexi hose to flexi hose in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
Hi, just hoping someone can advise on best option to connect 40mm waste pipe to a flexible bath waste hose of approx 30mm, I assume some form a spigot to will needed but not sure exactly what to search for. Many thanks in advance!
Replies
Views
Hi, As I need to purchase two new taps for our en suite, I've noticed that almost all taps now come with flexi tails as standard. I've read some horror stories about these bursting / leaking so would prefer rigid fixings like the existing ones they are replacing. I'm looking to purchase this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock