Search the forum,

Discuss Flash 54183 thermostat heating help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have a climote that controls the heating (only one zone)

In the hall I have a flash theromostat (see pictures) that If I set it to 0 temperature it only heats up the water tank. It is on his way out. I need to replace it, maybe with a smart switch.

Can you help with the wiring. It seems it has to lives (two brown cables) but from the wiring diagram seems one is live and one neutral.

I am right to say that this thermostat only open and closes the live wire?

What would you replace with?

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 8
Yep you only have live in and live out / demand

where the neutral on the picture is at the appliance

Yep you only have live in and live out / demand

where the neutral on the picture is at the appliance

Great. I have one of these smart switches (see pictures) I checked the 54183 and it has the same V load, 10A 250V. I guess I can just connect the live in to the switch and the live out. That should work?

Attachments

• smart.jpg
    smart.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 9
No you can have that two problems One not wired for smart accessories eg no neutral

two it’s not a thermostat so doesn’t regulate with temperature increase or decrease

No you can have that two problems One not wired for smart accessories eg no neutral

two it’s not a thermostat so doesn’t regulate with temperature increase or decrease

Even this one doesn't regulate the temperature, if I have the thermostat higher than 0 it heats up radiators and water tank, if I have it down to 0 then only water tank. My understanding is that the smart switch just connects the L an N connections IN with the out connections if it is on, thats it. Thats why I thought I would work because I do not need a thermostat instead the 54183. Hope I explained myself properly :) :) thanks

Sounds like it might be working that thermostat will only control the rads

you should have a timer elsewhere for controlling the time for the heating and hot water

Sounds like it might be working that thermostat will only control the rads

you should have a timer elsewhere for controlling the time for the heating and hot water

I have a smart climote thermostat connected to the boiler. It controls the temperature in one zone. Usually I the change the flash thermostat to 0 in the summer so the radiators are all off.

in relation to the hot water I have a hot tank which has an element and I can also it up using the electric switch beside. However as mentioned earlier I can also heat it up using the boiler and turning down to 0 the flash thermostat. So the only purpose of this flash thermostat seems to be either 0 (heat only hot tank) or above (heat radiators and hot tank).

By replacing the flash with the smart switch I thought I could achieve the same. (off = to 0 and on = >0) You dont think it is the case?

How many heating zones do you have ?

pic of the boiler / zone valves would be handy

How many heating zones do you have ?

pic of the boiler / zone valves would be handy

Just one heating zone. (all radiators and hot tank), (however the flash thermostat controls what it gets heated, 0 or >0) See picture. If switch on the smart thermostat heating goes on. I have independent TRV valves on the radiators. (they are not connected to the thermostat).

Attachments

• IMG-0815.jpg
    IMG-0815.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 10
Sounds like it’s not wired correctly also are they smart trvs or just normal ones ?

No as you shouldn’t need the room stat

But you’ve upgraded the programmer ?

Reply to Flash 54183 thermostat heating help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock