Search the forum,

Discuss Flamco Flexvent replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Flamco Flexvent in the CH system, and it has been there for over 20 years. Now it is starting dripping from the cap location, and the cap could not be closed off. I would like to have it replaced, but not sure whether I have to drain the CH system. Advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks, Jimmy.
20190904_083904.jpg

Yes you do or take the pressure off and snatch it quickly

Yes you do or take the pressure off and snatch it quickly
Thanks very much Shaun for the quick reply.
I checked Flamco's web site, and found different these vents with sizes / types. I am not sure the type of my one. Is there a way to find out? Thanks.

1/2 as you have a 1/2 to 15mm copper female iron

You have what looks like a 3/8 adapter in the female iron so either 3/8 or 1/2 should fit

If I remember correctly there's a part number on the main body. (12 years since I last changed one.) The valve is in two parts - main body, and the large hex nut which screws into the pipe. There is a large ball bearing in the hex nut which is held in position by a spring. So you can undo the main body and the ball bearing seals the pipe. A new valve comes with both parts but you only need to replace the main body.

Reply to Flamco Flexvent replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least three times a day. Trying to eliminate what the cause could be. Appreciate that it could be a leak somewhere, but looking to tackle one issue at a...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder is located directly above the ceiling of a new and expensive kitchen. It does not leak and causes no obvious problems. Should it be replaced? Advice...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock