Search the forum,

Discuss fizzyj in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fizzyj

I am having trouble in getting the ignition light to stay on in my multi point water heater (main mersey)
I have looked through th forum but could not find any threads for this.
I am hoping thsat you will be able to give me some help and advice on how to get it to light!!

The thermocouple is very reliabe ,so is probably the pilot jet blocked up,requires cleaning with compressed air or water

thank you for your reply puddle and jason. The problem started after I had a service about 18 months ago (the plumber I used to use retired so this was a new guy). I have had him back twice (and paid him both times!) He had left the ignition flame very low, which it still is, and even afrter his visits it was still very small. It has gone out several times since then and not been easy to relight but we have managed - the last time it took 3 days of trying. He didn't attempt any other way of putting it right.

I aim to get a plumber (new one!) to clean it but if that doesn't work could it be the diaphragm or the push rod not working properly? I would like to know as I have been conned into buying appliances before when it wasn't really necessary!

Jason - your message said that it had been moved to the general forum but I couldn't find it

thanks
Jeanne

By what you say above,cleaning pilot jet will correct siduation,other items mentioned would not turn pilot out,just main burner pressure

The thermocouple is very reliabe ,so is probably the pilot jet blocked up,requires cleaning with compressed air or water
1hank you for extra information - now trying to find reliable plumber in se 23

Maybe one of the previous engineers might have replaced the pilot nozel/assembly with incorrectly sized one. Id say get a new plumber and check his gas safe registration (it should say water heaters on the back) before letting him touch anything. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fizzyj in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock