Search the forum,

Discuss FIXRADIO Tunes Request Thread (And Rugged DAB Radio Recommendations) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
1567706018744.png

FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The PlumbersForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread.

This isn't something we've organised with FIXRADIO officially. So it's the unofficial official tunes request thread.

If you really really want a tune on, use the usual channels. Fingers crossed this'll be a thing one day but it might also disappear amongst the tiling threads and never be seen again.

FIXRADIO is the station for the tradesperson! - It's available online and via a DAB radio. If you're buying a new van, it needs to have a DAB radio in it, or send it back. It's not a new van at all.

If you're buying a new radio, and it's not a DAB, send it back. It's a 'wireless' and not a real radio ;) ;)

We're working on a play button directly for the forums, so as you're browsing the forum you can whack it on in the background. Nice and easy. But if you're getting adhesive all over your phone and and your phone case is rubbish, then you need a DAB radio to do the job for you instead.

Here are some we found for you, feel free to reply with links to where you got yours from and where you have found the best price on them etc, don't keep it all to yourself now (links will open in a new window to compare them):-
The following radio is DAB, but you can't drive a vehicle over it. So it's the boring bog-standard DAB radio, unlike the ones built for site-work like the above ones. But it's DAB. So you can get FIXRADIO. And that's all that matters, right? We're not scaffolders or roof tilers, so why do we need a super rugged radio that charges your phone and drill batteries anyway?
Just for a laugh. Here's a DeWalt (they seem to do more radios than RicherSounds have available!) that's over £200! Whaaaaat?

The rating systems of all the above websites and / or product pages are all unique to their websites so there's no way at all to compare them by the reviews. I love that about review systems. Really helpful. :)

Weird how they all have 5 star reviews too. You'd never push a 2 star would you lol

Anyway, tag @FIXRADIO in your post and say a song name. And if they fancy it, they might play it one day. :) - We'll see if we can get them on board with this thread in time to come.

Have a lovely day. :)

p.s. no dissing the station and / or music in general in this thread. Instead, make an email with your moaning in it, and address it to yourself. :D

Last edited:
Can you ask them what distance they cover. Do not think it stretches to the Midlands.

Flanders and Swann - The Gas-Man Cometh
Can you ask them what distance they cover. Do not think it stretches to the Midlands.
Greater London AFAIK. I get them in Devon over the internet; they stream online. You can use a web browser to listen or download their app. Links here:

Online and DAB matey. When you go to their player, it asks if you want the Manchester or London version - Not sure if that's the actual station / content that changes, or whether it's something to do with something else.

:)

Unfortunately nowt up north north. Might try the internet to see what it's like.

View attachment 40267

FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The PlumbersForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread.

This isn't something we've organised with FIXRADIO officially. So it's the unofficial official tunes request thread.

If you really really want a tune on, use the usual channels. Fingers crossed this'll be a thing one day but it might also disappear amongst the tiling threads and never be seen again.

FIXRADIO is the station for the tradesperson! - It's available online and via a DAB radio. If you're buying a new van, it needs to have a DAB radio in it, or send it back. It's not a new van at all.

If you're buying a new radio, and it's not a DAB, send it back. It's a 'wireless' and not a real radio ;) ;)

We're working on a play button directly for the forums, so as you're browsing the forum you can whack it on in the background. Nice and easy. But if you're getting adhesive all over your phone and and your phone case is rubbish, then you need a DAB radio to do the job for you instead.

Here are some we found for you, feel free to reply with links to where you got yours from and where you have found the best price on them etc, don't keep it all to yourself now (links will open in a new window to compare them):-
The following radio is DAB, but you can't drive a vehicle over it. So it's the boring bog-standard DAB radio, unlike the ones built for site-work like the above ones. But it's DAB. So you can get FIXRADIO. And that's all that matters, right? We're not scaffolders or roof tilers, so why do we need a super rugged radio that charges your phone and drill batteries anyway?
Just for a laugh. Here's a DeWalt (they seem to do more radios than RicherSounds have available!) that's over £200! Whaaaaat?

The rating systems of all the above websites and / or product pages are all unique to their websites so there's no way at all to compare them by the reviews. I love that about review systems. Really helpful. :)

Weird how they all have 5 star reviews too. You'd never push a 2 star would you lol

Anyway, tag @FIXRADIO in your post and say a song name. And if they fancy it, they might play it one day. :) - We'll see if we can get them on board with this thread in time to come.

Have a lovely day. :)

p.s. no dissing the station and / or music in general in this thread. Instead, make an email with your moaning in it, and address it to yourself. :D

This one has gone down to £20 Bush DAB radio

Will it work where normal FM fails? As I have no radio reception other than the PMR radio used by local railway.

What I have looked at is satellite and freeview, at the moment to get radio 4 I have to switch on the TV, the satellite receivers will get radio 4, but can't see what I am selecting without TV being switched on.

Rather than a dedicated frequency for digital radio I would like a radio I can connect to the LNB so I have far more channels than every available on FM or DAB. The broadcast is there, all I need is a radio.

The main problem with DAB is the patchy reception ......... so FM is often a better solution

DAB isn't as good and reliable as they made it out to be!

Okay, so I won't diss the station, but please note that I would require a radio to work well with Radio 3 and Radio 4.

I do wonder whether Radio 3 is better as digital or analogue? They say classical is better on analogue, and, in fairness, I never listen to any of my classical CDs but I do listen to my classical LPs. I also recently used a DAB radio and Radio 3 (at 192kbps) sounded terrible.

So, based on this, if I had a work radio, it would have to be FM not DAB.

@FIXRADIO Enigma Variations variation 14 (finale), Elgar

Dinosaurs up north east Scotland ,,We're still on 3g possibly 2g phone signal here so mobile data crap out n about , always having to hook into custards router ,,, I have makita black radio but have been thinking of getting anew DAB, I'm quite happy if someone wants to send me one lol

Reply to FIXRADIO Tunes Request Thread (And Rugged DAB Radio Recommendations) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock