Search the forum,

Discuss Fix Triton T80 shower - temperature control in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a Triton T80 shower. When anyone runs more water in the house - such as flush WC - the temperature in the shower shoots up and is extremly hot - compared to the setting. There must be a temperature sensor/thermostat that controls temperature. This is obiously faulty. So when pressure is reduce for a moment it cannot control the amount of heat. I need to find out details of the internals of the T80 and what part needs replacing. Any help welcome - I am a DIY person

More down to your water pressure and flow rate not being enough/ water taking the easier route

We have a Triton T80 shower. When anyone runs more water in the house - such as flush WC - the temperature in the shower shoots up and is extremly hot - compared to the setting. There must be a temperature sensor/thermostat that controls temperature. This is obiously faulty. So when pressure is reduce for a moment it cannot control the amount of heat. I need to find out details of the internals of the T80 and what part needs replacing. Any help welcome - I am a DIY person
Mains showers generally have a flow stabilisation valve but this needs a minimum dynamic pressure at the shower of ~ 1/1.5 bar, the higher the better, where it works quite well if a downstairs toilet or cold tap is opened, there is no thermostatic temperature control on the T80 but all showers have a thermal cut out (TCO) that operates at 48C. It may be worth cleaning the inlet strainer with a old toothbrush but if you have continuous low/fluctuating mains pressure then you should consider installing a pumped electric shower like the Triton T90 SR which is a tank fed shower and has its own integral pump.

As John says cleaning the inlet strainer is a good idea, you are basically suffering from low flow through the unit.
Other common reasons are a blocked/partially blocked shower head ( debris or limescale - try cleaning it)
A kinked or ‘ herniated’ shower hose.

Try running shower with no hose or head , if it behaves well - replace these items.

At this time of year, with the mains ~ 20C, you need a flowrate of 6.5 LPM to have a comfortable showering temp of 40C, if you reduce the power setting to "economy" which is 5kw on the bigger element, you will get 3.6 LPM which is practically the same as the winter flowrate on two elements and this may give a more consistent temperature just now as the dynamic pressure will be higher at this reduced flowrate.

Reply to Fix Triton T80 shower - temperature control in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock