Search the forum,

Discuss Fix Triton T80 shower - temperature control in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a Triton T80 shower. When anyone runs more water in the house - such as flush WC - the temperature in the shower shoots up and is extremly hot - compared to the setting. There must be a temperature sensor/thermostat that controls temperature. This is obiously faulty. So when pressure is reduce for a moment it cannot control the amount of heat. I need to find out details of the internals of the T80 and what part needs replacing. Any help welcome - I am a DIY person

More down to your water pressure and flow rate not being enough/ water taking the easier route

We have a Triton T80 shower. When anyone runs more water in the house - such as flush WC - the temperature in the shower shoots up and is extremly hot - compared to the setting. There must be a temperature sensor/thermostat that controls temperature. This is obiously faulty. So when pressure is reduce for a moment it cannot control the amount of heat. I need to find out details of the internals of the T80 and what part needs replacing. Any help welcome - I am a DIY person
Mains showers generally have a flow stabilisation valve but this needs a minimum dynamic pressure at the shower of ~ 1/1.5 bar, the higher the better, where it works quite well if a downstairs toilet or cold tap is opened, there is no thermostatic temperature control on the T80 but all showers have a thermal cut out (TCO) that operates at 48C. It may be worth cleaning the inlet strainer with a old toothbrush but if you have continuous low/fluctuating mains pressure then you should consider installing a pumped electric shower like the Triton T90 SR which is a tank fed shower and has its own integral pump.

As John says cleaning the inlet strainer is a good idea, you are basically suffering from low flow through the unit.
Other common reasons are a blocked/partially blocked shower head ( debris or limescale - try cleaning it)
A kinked or ‘ herniated’ shower hose.

Try running shower with no hose or head , if it behaves well - replace these items.

At this time of year, with the mains ~ 20C, you need a flowrate of 6.5 LPM to have a comfortable showering temp of 40C, if you reduce the power setting to "economy" which is 5kw on the bigger element, you will get 3.6 LPM which is practically the same as the winter flowrate on two elements and this may give a more consistent temperature just now as the dynamic pressure will be higher at this reduced flowrate.

Reply to Fix Triton T80 shower - temperature control in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock