Search the forum,

Discuss Fittings to branch into cast soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I would like to add another WC about 2m to the right of existing WC.

The existing soil pipe has only one WC (coming out the wall straight into the soil pipe) and is a straight vertical cast iron 4 inch pipe with a vent at the roof. My plan is to go out the wall with the new WC and then go down and across to branch into the soil pipe.

Therefore, a section below the existing WC joint must be cut away from the soil pipe and a branch inserted for the new WC.

I do not wish to replace the cast iron system with plastic but would consider using plastic for the new section to the new WC.

I have seen a connector Osma 4" Soil Waste Pipe | Fittings - OSMASOIL 4S106 GREY 4" S/S CONNECTOR TO CAST IRON SOCKET - R J Pryce - Plumbing, Builders Merchant & Ironmongery that will push into the lower section of cast iron and allow a plastic branch to be pushed in.

But, how can the top of the plastic branch be connected to the cast iron above it?

Presumably a second OSMA connector will not work upside down?

I have seen ugly Fernco rubber couplers with jubilee clips but I would like something that matches the original cast iron and will last a very long time.

Last edited:
have a look at a sg timesaver fitting eg coupling

Now I know I am old. Thanks WC1:(

Not only did I go to Fraser & Ellis when they were in Church St but used Beardson & Co in Balham, what a place that was! also Burns Bro mentioned but they were in Orpington.
Who remembers Maguire & Murray Bermondsey & the one up near Lords cricket ground who's name I can't remember.

F+e is tucked away down a back street in the @rse end of Battersea and then through a tunnel to a little industrial unit the other side of the railway line. Fyi their credit card payment system is still in the last century. If you want to pay by card you have to be accompanied round the back of the shop counter, through the offices to a stationary cupboard out the back where they keep the slowest credit card machine south of the river!! Bonkers.

Thanks for the replies. I went to the pipe merchant and they showed me a timesaver coupler. It was made from 2 halves of metal with a rubber insert and tightened up with bolts on each side.

My only concern is that the old pipe is 102mm and the new one is 110mm, so how will it join both together? Do they make a timesaver with a rubber insert that is 102mm on the top half and 110mm on the bottom half or do you just get a standard one and tighten it up until it seals round both pipes?

Reply to Fittings to branch into cast soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock