Search the forum,

Discuss fitting shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Davy

Hi, im about to replace a shower tray, the existing tray stands on legs and the waste pipe lies between the tray and floor. i want to fit a stone tray straight onto floor with the trap and waste pipe obviously under the floor. this would mean that the waste pipe would be lower and thus be on a slight incline away from the tray. would the water still flow away? thanks for any assistance.

the waste should have a fall away from the tray, water will find its own level and if there is an incline then you may find the water stays in the tray or the water will stay in the pipe and could cause blockages due to the lack of flow

also check the waste and your joists as you can't go notching 40mm notchs out of joists where you want.
that maybe the reason why the original tray was on feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock