Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting radiators to Warm air system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi there ,
I need a bit of advice please . I have been asked to fit three radiators to a bungalow . It has an oil boiler and right next to it is a housing with a big fan that blows air over a radiator . ther is an ordinary circulating pump taking hot water from the boiler thru the rad and back to the boiler . The warm air is blown thru ducts under the floor and into each room . It all worked fine until an extension was built and 2 more bedrooms and an extra bathroom was added , three more warm air outlets were added , but they are not really heating the 3 extra rooms properly .
The customer has asked me if I can fit ordinary water filled rads into each room and I am trying to work out the best way of doing it . There is a 28mm gravity circuit to an ordinary Indirect cylinder and I was hoping to join into that somehow . The 28mm flow rises up from the boiler , up into the loft , along about 3 metres then into a tee that goes up to the F and E tank and down into the airing cupboard into the top of the cylinder coil , out of the bottom . down under the floor and back to the boiler .
I was thinking teeing off the 28mm flow in the loft in 22mm to new pump ( maybe with a bypass valve ) then reducing to 15 mm for the three rads . Running along thru the loft about 20 metres and down to the 3 new rads .
The 15 mm return would then come back and go down into the airing cupboard and connect into the 28mm return pipe low down just before it disapears under the floor back to the boiler . I thought if I used an Injector tee to join into the 28 mm pipe it would hopefully promote the gravity flow thru the cylinder and work okay . We have used Injector tees before and they seem to work o.k.
The pump could be connected to the Programmer so that it worked at the same time as the warm air system .

I hope that I have explained it properly . Do any of you experienced guys think that this will work ? If not can you think of a way that will work please ?
Cheers

Whats is the ootput of the boiler will it cope with the extra?
Why not convert the gravity to fully pumped and have s or y plan to do the heating hot water. It is possible to do away with the hot air unit altogether and fit rads throughout. A lot more efficient.

Thanks for your reply Ecowarm .
When I visited the Bungalow I forgot to check the boiler power output . I will have to visit again .
I think that there would be too much work and cost to get rid of the warm air system . I cant alter the pipework to the warm air system as it is very tight next to the boiler . Yes perhaps I could change the gravity circuit to the cylinder to fully pumped and pump to the 3 new rads . That would mean having 2 pumps pumping away from the boiler , but I quess that would ,nt matter .
Thanks for that , Cheers

Not a problem as long as you dont end up with pumping over or sucking air (regarding 2 pumps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting radiators to Warm air system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock