Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting of a new toilet any advise appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Loobieburt

I am to fit an ensuite to our bedroom.

i have planned where the shower sink and toilet will go but have the question how to tap into the sewer pipe?

The en suite will be next to the bathroom to the left in the picture. You can see the current toilet waste going into the waste pipe (all plastic)

if I fit a toilet the same height how can I fit into the connection? The toilet will be 12ft to the left of the current toilet.

i plan to run the shower and sink waste to the hopper which you can just see in the very left of the picture so it's just the toilet waste I am stuck on.

any advise will be much appreciated.

richa

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 56
Well if its 12ft to the left then surely the fall required is going to take the connection below the branch already fitted?

Thank you that's a good start, how much fall do I need to calculate for 12ft?
thanks

Ok so that would be suitable? What fitting do I need to go into the pipe?
Thanks again

A 110mm branch, you may need to move the clip.
You should be able to fit onto the spigot of the branch above and fit a slip coupling below.

fall should be 1 in 40so minimum of 4 inches cut a branch in imediatley below existing and run across to a bend out ofthe wallwall probably into a 135 to join up

Thank you, is there a link to a picture so I can understand exactly what you mean? Wat do you mean as a spigot? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting of a new toilet any advise appreciated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock