Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting advice for 2-in-1 Combination toilet/basin in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening all,

I bought a combo potty with basin from Bathroom republic via eBay and I'm about to set about fitting it.
It was advertised as a 'Beth' toilet - I think it may be Chinese and there is no maker's name to work with (pls see pic).

In the cistern is new fangled (to me) hardware. It consists of a ballcock unit and a cable operated flush
device. There are various coloured plastic tabs, clearly for adjusting things. I also have a Couts & Louis?
monoblock mixer tap but no waste as yet. I think a clicker would do nicely.

Here's the plan! There's a vertical 110mm soil pipe to tap into. I bought a 110mm FloPlast strap boss, (68mm
stub) and I'll solvent weld this on to the soil pipe. I have one of those rubber reducers (Flexseal 110 to 68) on order
so the black water side should be covered.

Now for the innards. The ballcock unit clearly has a cold feed at the base - this goes through the bottom of the cistern.
On the side of the unit is a threaded stub (probably 3/4BSP) that is 25mm above the cistern's 'floor' and seems the
obvious place to attach the cold feed for the tap. I expect I'll have to add a 90 dgree connector.

OK. There are also two white Nylon connectors (pls see other pic) that are clearly meant to fit through the cistern floor.
I'll run the hot and cold feeds in this way. I'll be using pushfit piping and will put an isolating valve in each feed.
This leaves only the connections to the monobloc. The push flush button's fitment is obvious. All the threads match.

BETH PO.jpgBASE CONN.JPGTAP CONNS.JPG

So, has anyone come across a similar setup or can anyone point me towards some instructions? Lastly, am I in the right parish as
regards the above?

Thanks in advance,

David

Am I missing something why do you need to add a strap on boss ?

the second picture is a blank put the cap on and it keeps the water in the cistern/ tank

Assuming the pan outlet is 68mm (unusually narrow, but if that's what it is - ) you make sense as far as I understand you.

Not seen that before and not sure how you'd use it safely as per the pic. What, straddle the bog or bend over and do your back in?

Are you sure the pan outlet is only 68mm, OP? They are normally about the same diameter as the soil pipe itself, so this sounds very odd.

Unless you're thinking of reducing the pan outlet down to 68 in order to use a 68mm connexion? Which would simply be wrong. You'd need to cut into the stack and fit a proper 110mm connexion to accept 110mm pipe and then connect to the WC pan outlet with a 4" (or whatever) pan connector in the conventional manner.

Last edited:
Ric, I think op was going to put a strap boss on the 4” and then connect to the outside of the boss with a fernco reducer to get it back up to 4” - clearly this is very very silly.

I have actually fitted a similar contraption 10 years ago and it did the job well, it did have a 100mm spigot as normal - I’m sure this one will too.

Thank you gentlemen,

You've understood me. I was planning to use a 110mm strap boss with a 68mm O/D
stub and a 68 to 100mm Flexseal cuff to attach the pan's 100mm outlet to the soil pipe.
As this is clearly not on, what sort of connector do I need, please?

Many thanks, David

A pan connector to 110mm

You need some kind of branch tee off the soil pipe which will involve cutting into the stack, I'm afraid, with a 110mm branch and then as Shaun said.

Good one Ric, thanks,

The soil stack has a collar at the base and seems to plug
straight into the ceramic pipe heading to the septic tank.
Just been searching and found a Big Boss in various sizes
but none as big as 110mm. If there's a strap boss with a
110mm stub and the tiny fall, that'd be perfect.
Funny thing is, the ID of the 68mm strap boss I have is
less than 15mm less than the ID of the toilet outlet so
the step would only be 7mm. This is why I thought it'd work.

You really do need to cut in. It isn't really possible to make a 110mm strap boss as you can't really drill a 110mm hole into a 110mm pipe (think about it), hence they don't exist.

I do see your point, though. Your pan ID is likely to be around 80mm, so the restriction would indeed be only a few mm (were it a water supply pipe the restriction would be less of an issue and I have myself gone from 22 to 15 to 22 to get through an existing hole I did not want to enlarge due to the presence of asbestos). The problem is it would be a step in an upward direction with a waste pipe that is designed to be but partially filled, and you have solids in that pipe. So it would only be a matter of time before a bit of paper or a lump of faecal matter sticks on the step and then you inevitably have a regular blockage where it is least desireable.

Stick some photos up of your soil pipe and I'm sure we can advise you if you get stuck.

If this is ground floor, there could be possible issues relating to how close your intended tee is to the underground bend where the stack becomes horizontal. There is a minimum recommendation of 450mm, but I have seen that rule broken without any obvious symptom. As I say, if you really want to DIY this, some photos and a sketch would help us help you.

I take it that there was nothing there previously? If so, are you aware that the installation will be notifiable?

Reply to Fitting advice for 2-in-1 Combination toilet/basin in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock