Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a sink strainer an easy job... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Looking for some advice please, I'm trying to fit a sink strainer for the old man, simple job I thought. As you can see in the picture below the first picture is where the issue is the pipe has been modified before which doesn't let the pipe sit in the housing without it falling out. They are all 32mm piping, I'm just not sure what the best part is to get for it I thought maybe replacing the 90 bend but can't seem to find the right bit for that, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

20190210_120853.jpg

20190210_121411.jpg

The trap, white part, has been fitted the wrong way around probably because there's not a lot of fall available from the sink to the waste pipe to the right.

Looking at it, I reckon a good trap kit like the McAlpine 1 1/2 would leave the waste pipe exit too low to connect to the waste coming through the cabinet side.
To be done properly that would need to be lowered. What's on the other side of that cabinet where the waste pipe goes through?

Reply to Fitting a sink strainer an easy job... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Hello - I have installed a garden sump-pump. In the photo you can see that I’ve replaced the Cloakroom-sink bend that previously went to the gulley with a Tee. Water in Sump vent hose now goes past the cloakroom outlet. Predictably the pump causes gurgling as it creates a partial vacuum going...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock