Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting a shower screen if the bath isn't flush with the wall, lost cause? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hh44

Hi! So we had a bathroom fitted and this happened (see picture). The bath was fitted in a corner that wasn't 90 degrees and this strip was added to fill the gap between bath and wall. Can we retrofit a shower screen here somehow or will anything just leak because the surface isn't level and there's a join between the filler strip and bath top surface? Thinking about ordering the screen that goes with the bath after changing our mind about having a shower curtain (which leaks), but at approx 247 pounds it could be an expensive mistake if it also leaks .

Thanks in advance 2016-04-15 23.41.07.jpg

You can't blame the plumber for the way the house has been built.
You should have got him to fit the screen while he was at it but to answer your question, yes you will be able to get a seal if you know how but without being the man on the job or knowing what type screen or seeing how things line up i can't give you an answer as to exactly how. But It can be done.

Thanks that's encouraging, I mostly blame the builder who reboarded and finished the walls for not levelling up,and myself for not making a fuss at the time. I'll find a good plumber then and let a pro do it. Thanks!

that is going to leak like a seive in short order, go kick your builder and get it straightened out before you bother with a shower screen. It is always going to be a bit awful looking trying to make good a cock up like that in the first place

easiest way to sort this will be to shift the bath down so the gap is at the tap end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting a shower screen if the bath isn't flush with the wall, lost cause? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Good morning, I have a hinged shower screen for my bath that I don't have fixings for. The guide holes in the screen line up with guide holes in the frame - but the holes in the frame are horizontal slots, presumably so that I can adjust the shower screen for a not-quite-vertical wall. However...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'd like to get some advice on the following issue. We have relatively large tiles (see image 1), and the idea was that the vertical grout line on the would be covered by the (mount of the) bath screen. The 2nd fix has just happened, and the screen was fixed slightly off the line. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
S
I live in the UK and I need to buy a shower door to fit in a 915mm gap between two walls of my shower room. Most 900mm shower doors available here have 30-to-40mm inward adjustments to fit in a space that is slightly narrower than 900mm, or to address wall unevenness, but not outward...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock